Confessions of a blogger TAG

   

(Photo taken from Tumblr)
 
As you all probably know by now I love nothing more than a good tag, as I think it’s a great way for my readers to get know more the girl behind the screen! It’s an opportunity for me to share things with you all that I might not be able to share with you otherwise! Today I’m going to be doing the Confessions of a blogger Tag. I actually stumbled across this TAG when reading a blog called vanity blog house, I was so intrigued so I thought I’d give it a go!
When did you start your blog?
I started my blog in April 2013
 
Have you had anyone online presence before? Another blog, YouTube etc?
The answer to this question would be yes! For those of you that don’t know I actually have a YouTube channel. I first started YouTube in July 2011. My first video was actually a cover of me singing Ed Sheeran A  team, *hides face* I know perhaps a little embarrassing but when I first started YouTube the main reason was to post covers of songs. After my first video I decided to post another cover, and then after that I stopped for a while. There wasn’t really a reason as to why I stopped posting covers, as I did actually receive some really nice comments but nevertheless I soon gave up and decided to post videos about hair and beauty.
 
Why did you start your blog?
I have always had an interest in hair and beauty but I’ve never really felt as though I could really express myself because I always feel a little self-conscious. I guess I started my blog because I knew I would be able to fully express myself on a platform where I wouldn’t be judge and people could just see what I had to offer. Having a blog allows me to talk about basically anything, from hair, beauty, fashion to even the average girl problem! In addition to this I’ve always liked writing and I try to keep my post’s quite quirky and unique.
 
When did you become serious about blogging?
I think the first time I fully became serious about blogging is when I realised people were actually reading it and I started to receive comments! This really motivated me to keep going, as there’s no better feeling than knowing that your blog actually gets read by people!
 
What was your first post?
My first post was actually about a candle lantern, and a Yankee candle aha! I never really did an ‘All about me’ post, maybe I will one day!
 
What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
I think the biggest challenge about blogging is trying to blog frequently. It’s something I try to do but in all honesty sometimes I don’t manage to post more than once a week because of other commitments.
 
Where do you see your blog in one year?
In one year I hope that I’m still very passionate towards blogging. I hope that I’m able to connect to more people though my blog and that my blog continues to grow.
What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
Comments, comments and comments! I can't stress how rewarding it is when people comment on my blog. It’s such a small gesture but it really does mean a lot. When people comment it shows that they are enjoying reading my post and it makes me want to blog even more.
 
What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
Because my blog is still fairly new, I don’t think I have experienced anything discouraging as of yet and I don’t hope to either! At the end of the day, blogging is all about sharing your interest and I think it’s totally unnecessary for people to say nasty things to people within the blogging community as that’s not what it’s about.
 
What is your lasting motivation?
My two best friends Saerah and Olivia.
Saerah has her own blog and she always encourages me but Olivia doesn’t actually write a blog and it always makes me smile when she comes up to me saying ‘ I really enjoyed your recent post …’ things like this really make me smile because it’s always nice to have support from your friends as well as your family.



I've really enjoyed doing this tag and if anyone else wants to do it then feel free x

 
 

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Jess. Yes, comments are a big motivation and it so much fun to connect and meet new people :)

    http://golovelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me that's what bloggings all about, being able to connect to people that share similar interest as you, thanks for stopping by my blog sweet x

      Delete
  2. I'd love to see an All About Me post from you! xx

    www.letscapturethecastle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag, thanks for sharing love.
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/top-fall-autumn-lipsticks.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I love reading your answers.. it makes me feel more normal lolx
    I'm totally going to do this tag :) X

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to listen to you sing! I love Ed and that song. I also have a YouTube channel, well recently created one!

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, i was going to put the link up but i wasn't too sure!x Feel free to give me the link to your channel hunny, i'll definitely check it out!x

      Delete
  6. Such a good read!

    theglamaddict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello doll,
    I came to pay you a visit and I am really delighted with your blog. You have a new follower right away! I think we're going to get along just fine! ;) I'd like to invite you to visit mine and hope that you have a good time there!
    I wish you lots of success!
    kisses
    Aida Camilo
    from
    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I enjoy reading all your comments! Don't forget to leave your blog address so myself and other readers can have a look x